I wasn't intending to do any gardening this morning, as there was much to be done around the inside of the home, but alas, a few visits outside, and I (let's face it) really did not want to come in!
And, it was hot. And, it was humid. What was that word I made up ~ hottimud? Yeah, that.
But anyway, I got a bottle of water, and tried to rest when I felt like I was going to pass out, and I got some things done out there! I got some morning glories around this saw palmetto! That's going to be great.
One of the reasons I love gardening is that you are making a picture that is yet to be seen. It keeps changing in a beautiful way, as long as you are attending it...and if you attend it with love, it shows itself differently than if you attend it with just necessity.
I found two caterpillars on the ground, no place in particular, just in the dirt, and they were just going around in circles, so I wasn't sure what to do, so I put them on a big leaf and took them over to one of the plants they were most likely from, but just in case not, as these butterflies do that mimicry thing to escape getting eaten.... I put the two of them on the plant that seemed like they would choose (a parsley plant) but also put the other plant (a milkweed) right next to it.
I went out later to check them, as they were so still when I moved them I thought they might be dead, but they weren't and were eating away at the milkweed.
more later
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment