Saturday, March 17, 2007

Wearin' o' the green and Coffee

Today several cities hosted an Irish gathering of some kind. They all featured walking in the streets wearing green, carrying a beer, weird hats, and live bands. One band was singing, "I see a red door and I want it painted black" when I got there. Very Stoney Irish, I suppose.

Anyway, we ate at a pub called Rooney's, watched many people go by dressed in much green, and drinking freakin' dark beer. I ordered a fried cod fish sandwich, which was the least awful thing on the menu I thought, the bread for the sandwhich was wonderful!

That was that...

Watched people who wore green somewhere on their body. Watched people watch me and my sister in law.

Came home - watched Addicition on HBO. Boy, lot to learn if someone in your family is suffering from Addiction. Sometimes, I think we are all addicted to something.

Oh well, I don't have a PHD and don't even do things PDQ, so I shouldn't be telling everyone that they are addicts of some kind as we are all fallen creatures. You normal people know who you are.

I am not normal
I need coffee every morning
I need to move into the day slowly
and quietly
I need to read some inspirising things
I need to open the window and look outside
stand in the fresh air and breathe it in
and hope that no one talks to me for
awhile.
I need my coffee hot. Sometimes I heat my cup.
I love that.
But I need to drink that first cup,
undistrubed by anything
if possible
and then let the thoughts flow
and connect while
they are fresh and kind and willing
at that morning coffee time
and I know for sure God Loves ME
then, later I will probably forget
The morning is clarity
The day is clutter
The evening tries hard to shine a light on it all
so I can see it again
But oftimes the pieces have been moved
too, too much,
and I can't recognize my morning plan
I gather my notes in a pile
find clothes for tomorrow
and wait for the sun to rise again
so I can enjoy that next cup of morning coffee...
~~Miss Roxie

I had some dreams, they were clouds in my coffee. ~Carly Simon


In Seattle you haven't had enough coffee until you can thread a sewing machine while it's running. ~Jeff Bezos

No comments: