Saturday, March 24, 2007

The Green Party

Not to be confused with a group of Irish men on St. Patrick's Day, the Green Party keeps saying they are 'green'. But they used plastic cups at their gathering. Somehow - I could be wrong - but isn't plastic ungreen? Honestly, don't go by me, I don't really know. Maybe the best green way is to write 'bring your own glass' on the invitation? - And then you take it home and wash it?

I watched a showing of An Inconvenient Truth - the film by Al Gore. It was interesting to watch it edited of any political commentary. The group edited out all the political statements or references, or references to anything personal about Al Gore's life. It was interesting. My mom has this saying she's always used to demonstrate 'to each his own', she says, 'whatever floats your boat' --if Al Gore is right, you might be living in a boat if you are anywhere near any water on the earth.

The information in the movie made a lot of sense. The suggestions that were made by Al Gore made a lot of sense. I hope people in the world decide to think about the options they have for the future. What I see is that 'one-world government' coming. If the film is in anyway a truth about what's to come, one-world ideas will be about the only way to survive.

But, honestly, I'm just a poet with bad iambic pentameter, who doesn't rhyme her poems properly, and plants things where the directions say they shouldn't go, writes backwards haiku, puts coffee grinds on her roses, banana peels on her gardenias, drinks green smoothies and thinks chocolate should be in the food pyramid. Who should listen to me?

"My mind is troubled, like a fountain stirred,
And I myself see not the bottom of it."
~~William Shakespeare

No comments: