Saturday, March 10, 2007

Getting Over it

The 'bug' I mean, the one that is going around, or the allergy,or the 'whatever it is' that has everyone sick one way or another - hacking, coughing, under the weather - I am ready to abandon ship! I think I have coughed unattractively for long enough.

I have done everything right except get enough rest. There is no rest for the cougher/hacker/choker woman who also has to keep up the rest of her deal in the bargain of life. If you get that, you are a mom, wife, friend, neighbor, sister, aunt, and might have a job.

Life will not stop for me, probably even when I'm dead.

It is all including of a wave of dirty laundry and unpaid, unopened bills, and an empty refrigerator that people stare into. They, most probably, are looking for the wisdom to impart into their brain that there must be some way in which they too, can participate in filling it -- only without going out of the house and to an actual grocery store. (Unlike MY car, which goes there automatically if I change the radio station or happen to be distracted for just a second while driving.)

The others in the home are not interested in the envelopes that lay in a pile freshly gathered from the daily trips to the mail box, or the mounds of laundry that refuses to color code itself with an honor guard salute --

No. They are interested in The Food.

But. No matter how hard I try to avoid it, things will shuffle around to a version of normal again, and again, the laundry will dance into it's proper places, and the bills will circulate around the world to it's proper topographic point, and food will once again fill the 'fridge.

Meantime, I think I'll take a short nap.

“When a thing is new, people say: ‘It is not true.’ Later, when its truth
becomes obvious, they say: ‘It is not important.’ Finally, when its
importance cannot be denied, they say: ‘Anyway, it is not new.’”

—William James

No comments: