or not?
I live in Florida. A hot spot for Global Warming fanatics who believe in Global Warming. I can't figure it out.
I tried reading somethings about it. And mostly, what I can gather is there is Global Warming. But what I can't get a clear focus on is ....the threat to my homestead.
ReasononLine Blog and This blog provided a piece that I think provides some kind of hope in that we are not in terrific danger. Quoting from a quote in the blog piece --
"If temperatures continue to increase by 0.08 degrees Celsius per decade, the planet will warm by 0.8 degrees Celsius by the end of the century. That compares to an increase of 0.6 degrees Celsius during the 20th century. Not much of a crisis. Richard Lindzen says he's willing to take bets that global average temperatures in 20 years will in fact be lower than they are now."
These blogs I'll probably check out, too. See, I am keying in on that phrase up there "Not much of a crisis". What it is, is, I don't feel a crisis in my gut. I've never had a wrong experience with my gut. Of course, I don't have an 800 # or anything, I kind of keep my gut feeling details to those around my inner circle.
When we went to war with Iraq, I felt a crisis in my gut. My whole being said, "oh expletives of different kinds we are in trouble now why is he doing this he should not do this this will not be good" ...and with Global Warming, I haven't gotten that tug of fear. (Maybe I've lost my abilities to get the gut going?).
I mean, not to think that the state of my insides are the closing statement on important issues ...oh haha, never met to infer that, but it's always worked for me as a leveler in the past.
anyway, my sister in law is a Global Warming fanatic chripping in my ear like a minor bird on a sugar high, and I listen patiently, and suppose I must find some facts of my own. So I'll be researching and if anyone wants to add some thought, that will be great.
I'm thinking an odd thing like - why are people, who are believing Global Warming is going to be the reason Florida will be washed away in less than 10 years, bother to buy plants for their front yard? Why would they spend water watering their yards? Just little things like this pop in my head.
But, that's enough for this evening. I'll look at some more stuff and report back what I (think) I see something that makes a little bit of sense to me. If I am supposed to be worrying. I truly want to know and understand the reason as a truth.
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment