For weeks I have been ignoring the New Blogger notice. I've not the time as of late to participate in one more thing -- but yikes and bewilderment, Old Blogger was saying good-by and New Blogger was saying, no more warnings, this is it - figure it out you ole duckie. So I did (I think - haha)
Anyway, much has been happening - I'm tired right now. I've had that hacking, very unattractive cough from unknown sources called allergies. I don't know. Just been coughing and loosing my voice and making all kinds of weird noises.
I need to catch up with myself - so I'll best make a quick list and then expand later ...
My sister came to visit.
Saw my niece in prison.
I got laryngitis.
I developed a bad, annoying, hacking cough.
Rented the movies Wah-Wah and Sherrybaby (Don't recommend them to children).
Jacob went through some discomfort going to library classes this and last week - I figured out he uses his 'park behavior' during library story time and it's not a hit with some of the moms.
Went to the park almost every day - I enjoy it actually.
Sean was in a car accident, and I was so proud of him for how he handled the whole situation. He wasn't hurt and it wasn't his fault. I went down to the scene anyway, just to make sure his car would start, and it did and he went on to work, after being in the road (one of the main ones) for 2 1/2 hours! Three cars were involved and the real culprit got away!
Here's what happened:
This is an intersection at which the left turn lane has it's own light and it is delayed as the southbound traffic has a green light first. So Sean is proceeding with the green light --
suddenly, someone in his lane realizes they can't turn left -- SO
they hit their brakes because (like an idiot) they don't want to keep going south and miss their left turn!
(When all they need to do is go up a short distance and make a U-turn) -- SO
the cars following this (idiot) car begin to brake, and the car behind Sean, a young girl, doesn't get what's going on because she's all focused on the fact that the traffic next to her is moving, and the light is green, so therefore, she doesn't think about STOPPING,
and she doesn't.
She plowed right into Sean, who barely bumped the guy in front of him, but Sean's car has about $4,000 worth of damage.
(Of course, these days, even a bumper costs $500.00) -- SO
she tries to blame the whole accident on Sean saying he had just STOPPED because he had hit the car in front of him (which when you look at the damage, you can see that's not so) --
Sean wasn't ticketed. She was. The other guy had just a scratch, but he had to stay there for the 2 1/2 hours anyway...I felt sorry for her at first, but I didn't after I realized she wasn't going to own up when she saw the evidence of what happened, and almost lost my cool when she started screaming about Sean not getting a ticket.
But the officer on duty explained to her that Sean getting a ticket or not, had nothing to do with her situation. She was getting a ticket regardless.
Anyway, Sean handled all the rest of the stuff, insurance calls, rent a car, getting his car dropped off -- and I very proud of my son. He didn't lose his cool for not even one minute.
The rest of the days ~ just a blurr.
Wednesday, March 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment