Sunday, January 03, 2010

Things in a marriage...

1. I leave dishes needing to be washed on the left hand side of the sink. My husband leaves things that are washed and dried and ready to be put away, on the left hand side of the sink.

As anyone can probably already tell, I am rewashing clean items, and husband is putting away dirty items. I'm not sure where the 'tween shall meet. Maybe the doctor's office...

2. I have been carefully watching our spending budget. I have been completely baffled at the generous amounts of toilet paper we have been using. I thought to solve this by being smarter in my purchasing. So, I explored buying different brands, but still, it seemed like a lot.

I began to stand in the stores, and carefully look over the square footage noted on the packaging; this was so perplexing me! I took my calculator with me to make sure my conjectures were correct because still, I found myself spending an awful lot on a product, that is, indeed, necessary. (A crisis seemed at hand and one was tempted to begin a subscription to the newspaper to get ahead of this problem!)

Then, I happened to a place in the laundry room, glancing over at a space between the air handler and the hot water heater, and my eyes fell upon, dozens of rolls of toilet paper! Of different brands!

It seems this helpful man of mine had a special place he had designated for the storage of toilet paper. (An epic fail to not let anyone else know about it!) But hence, a great stash. So good on him, as we are no longer behind in the need for toilet paper, (and there is nothing really useful in the newspaper anyway.)

3. My husband knows where all the tools are and loves to use them. I use butter knives, nail files, and other various kitchen ware for all my tool needs.

4. My husband tells me to buy cereal only then to find he has no milk. He tells me to buy milk, and, as the odds would be, he then finds he has no cereal. I don't eat cereal nor do I drink milk, so I don't keep track of the lesses and the mores of the whole thing.

(Complicated in these facts, is the fact that our daughter eats dry cereal as a snack, but doesn't drink milk. Thus, milk ~ no cereal.)

I'm not sure how this will end. It may continue to be a complicated long rotation of the never meeting 'tweens.

(Note: Actually, I quit buying milk and cereal. No one has said anything...)

5. My husband does do laundry, and bravo! most married women are cheering, (yes, I can hear you from here). But, then forgets about it (probably off to fix something with his real tools). I usually find it the next day; then I do it again. Good intentions are sometimes met with a higher electric bill, (but there is not one thing in my house that is broken).

6. My husband thinks all my jokes are funny, he thinks I'm the greatest cook in the world, and he gives me all his money. I know he would lend me his real tools if I preferred them, he doesn't mind cleaning the kitchen, and he knows, deep down, that milk is bad for him. And, if I had not gone into the laundry room the other day to see if he had left a load of wash in the machine, I never would have found the toilet paper!

2 comments:

LNL said...

LOL! The cycle of marriage isn't that different from the cycle of life, I guess.

Just Here For Now said...

...and I never thought there would come the day when I would rejoice for finding a large stash of toilet paper!