Why is it, that when one decides that one should work on a part of their character,
The part that involves not letting stupid things people do bother you,
A lady decides to park the wrong way in the pick up lane at the Extended Day Program?
She had out of town license plates.
I figured she didn't know the rules.
But, the traffic got really piled up on the one way we all had to go
And, she still didn't even look up to see
What a mess she was causing.
And, I,
I looked at her.
Two or three times,
Actually, and I thought of rolling down my window
And declaring, even nicely, the wrongness of it all.
But, I said, to me, "You Idiot,
This is your challenge.
This is the *thing* --
Let it go."
It took me longer than I would have wished it would.
And, still it is probably not gone,
Because,
What am I doing now?
Posting about it.
So, Maybe she wasn't even real.
Maybe nobody saw her but me.
But, here I am thinking about the lady
with the out of town license plates
who parked the wrong way in the
One Way Pick Up Line...
I lose.
No comments:
Post a Comment