Friday, January 01, 2010

2010 ~ Here for 365

Last year has dissolved into the c-span of thought energy, notes on paper, and vibrations in the air. Trees grew. Flowers blossomed, this year my roses especially, and I was so surprised! I thought they were done with me.

And, my granddaughter is almost walking. When I thought about it the other day, her walking that is, I got all teary eyed. Time just passes so quickly. It's hard to figure out what I have learned. I know I've learned something, surely, I mean surely I did. But what? When you learn new things, you grow, and you change. I'm wondering how I have changed.

I still believe in God. I still love happy endings in stories and in life, I love seeing butterflies come to life in my garden, and flowers are just the most beautiful to me. I love hummus and avocados with cracked pepper and olive oil crackers.

I still only drink water, coffee, wine and tequila (oh well, might as well be honest ~ deal with it). I like my coffee strong and bold, my wine merlot and not too cheap, and good tequila is a must. As for water, well, I still prefer it filtered at least.

I still get the flutters of happiness when my children walk in the door or when they call me. I melt at the words, 'hey mom' ~

I still need a new pair of shoes, or two every year, but haven't had to buy a jacket in over 5 years, or a sweater. I didn't even buy a new pair of jeans last year. I kind of gave up jeans, they just aren't that comfortable any more. If I ever find a comfortable pair, then maybe again...But I would like to have a cool jean jacket! Maybe I'll see one this year that is worth purchasing.

I still have cut flowers in my house as often as I can, I love looking at my plants and feel guilt when they need water because I know they can't water themselves, after all.

I still don't like bullies. Even though I know they are people who have issues, I don't like them. One of my nephews has had his share of this bullying in his middle school experience. This is his last year of middle school. Another one of my nephews was bullied at the elementary school he attends. Both of my nephews are really great kids. They wouldn't hurt anyone. It seems unfair and mean, and makes me want to go down to the particular schools with a posse of family and ask them, "What is this all about and How can we stop this?"

But in all that, I did support my nephews, ended up going down to one of the schools, in a posse of sorts, and we all had many talks of how to learn to deal with this stuff and then let it all go. But I still don't like bullies this year.

It's late. I'll think about more changes tomorrow. I won't be so tired and perhaps I can study my thoughts a little more objectively.

No comments: