In this movie Bruce Willis plays Bruce Willis. It's about Bruce Willis taking (another) beating and saving the world (again). But I jest ...
I thought Sixth Sense was great.
The film, Surrogates, made me think of the Matrix. One of those centralized ideas about how we don't really live life, don't want to get old, get hurt, or basically experience anything bad, and you know we can't live like that. It just never turns out that way. Life has it's ugly parts. You have to get down and dirty and get wrinkles to really live.
Actually, when the film began, I grabbed my computer and Googled "Bruce Willis gets plastic surgery" ...LOL. When he first appeared on screen, and I knew nothing of what the film was about, I thought, 'holy batman, bruce has gone batty with surgery!'
http://tinyurl.com/yhj3gwu
Turns out, all people in this time have surrogates to live their lives for them ,and Bruce had one, too -
...fake perfect robots to live as them, as they (the people) lay hooked up at home. (-- maybe thinking they are waiting for Neo, but Bruce shows up instead. Since they both have about the same amount of facial expression, I suppose it could get confusing - I'm just kidding, tongue in cheek movie humor).
So, _All_ the surrogates are beautiful and lovely and nothing bad ever happens to the people, only to the surrogates, if something bad happens to them at all.... And, then Bruce Willis wakes up.
He raises all kinds of hell, pushes the wrong button, cuts the red wire instead of the blue, and all right and reason is restored. This last line can be the repeated mantra for 98 out of 100 Bruce Willis films.
All kidding aside, we like Bruce Willis. Matter of fact, we have nothing against Keneau Reeves, either.
If you pay money to see this film, I hope you are a Bruce Willis fan. That will make it a lot better for you.
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment