No leftovers! What? That is almost unAmerican! But it happened.
Well, it's weird. I got 'some' leftovers;
1. corn (boring),
2. cookies and brownies (fattening - but I ate them any way),
3. creamed spinach (I don't know about anyone else, but I don't trust creamed spinach that's been sitting out. It looks bad enough when it begins, but it's ending ...don't know that we would recognize it!)
4. a pumpkin pie that I made for my son Bill who did eat a piece and the rest they gave to me because Bill went to Gainesville to see the Gators do something -- something with sports and a ball of some kind.
5. raspberry tea (guess no one liked it so that gave it to me)
6. 2 globs of stuffing. I ate it for breakfast.
7. 2 packages of the 4 packages of rolls that I had brought. They are the Hawaiian Sweet rolls, so I've been eating them, and I'm sure I've gained 6 pounds.
8. Now I ask you, how can anyone have a successful left over feast with that?
So, I decided I am cooking a Turkey dinner. What day? Maybe Monday or Tuesday. Depending on wheather or not the turkey I buy is frozen. I have a friend who didn't know that you had to thaw the turkey, so she cooked it frozen. Interesting. This is the same friend who preheated her oven to make cookies and didn't know that her husband had loaded all the dishes, tupper included in the oven....the smell revealed all.
Anyway, I'm going to cook the whole shebang and I think this will become my Thanksgiving tradition. After Thanksgiving - I'll cook a proper Thanksgiving meal for all the people who didn't get the proper amount of left overs for a proper go at a second time around with Thanksgiving! Hey, sounds like a plan!!
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment