It's a Friday -
Again --
When I first started blogging, I lost my blog. I'm not sure why now, that was so long ago and life continues on at a perpetual pace of 5th gear with a grinding tranny and unbalanced tires. But since this was my official first blog post, ever in the whole entire world, I wanted to save it and I decided to repost it ---
So here I am, and there you are, and we are looking at the same sky.
You be well.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's a Friday
August 26, 2005
I do believe it's the last Friday of the month of August. August being such a long month. And August being the reason February has only 28 days because of being jealous of Julius and all...did you know about that? Augustus Ceasar was jealous that Julius got 31 days in his month of July, so the calendar had to be redone so that Augustus got 31 days in his month. But I don't think that's what makes August a long month ~ I think it's because it's hot. And somehow when we get to August, we are ready for a change. But that is probably not the case in Figi.
Perhaps I should introduce myself. Hello. I hope you are doing well and all is fine in your world.
My world is crowded with things to do.
I am married with children.
I am older than most of my friends.
I am taLLish with hair that graying, and I can't decide what to do about it.
I am bad with commas and proper spelling, but I try.
I am currently homeschooling one daughter who is 30 somewhere in her head, but 15 according to her birth certificate.
I have two boys that are not living at home. One is living on his own, and the other is attending a junior college and rooming with his brother. Look for the expansion of that relationship! LOL!
I am a mediator for many.
Today was a normal day by most standards in that it was boring and I was safe. I say safe because there is a war in Iraq and I can't quite understand a war in which men and women are dying and we are safe at home going through the drive through windows of the bank and shopping at our local markets.
In all of history, I am trying to remember about times that wars were fought and people were comfortable in there homes watching their favorite tv program ~ well, it just doesn't seem right that there should be a war and not all are involved. I find this very confusing, and honestly admit, I feel some guilt about it.
I don't mean to leave you feeling down or sad. But if you are a person of prayer, please pray for those young men and women who are serving in the armed forces.
And in my part of the world, it's that time of the evening where one would go and clean a kitchen and make their husband lunch for the morning ~ yes, he is working on Saturday.
And I am leaving on a trip tomorrow!
So ~ this is my first official blog posting. I guess now ~ I am a blogger!
tu tranquilo,
Miss Roxie
(who really is, Just Here For Now)
Friday, November 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment