Saturday, October 20, 2007

Where now?

It's not that I don't have anything to say. It's just that I haven't been saying it. It's like I turned 60 -- and I decided to get quiet. I have 16 posts in 'save for draft' ... I just can't bring myself to come out of the place I'm in right now.

I have so many things on my mind. And so many things to do. My 'to do' list is about 3 pages long and incomplete at that. Maybe everyone has one of those. Maybe they call it everyday life.

Right now, I'm calling it 'Overwhelmed' ~ which for me seems to be a constant state.

"Unless I accept my virtues, I most certainly will be overwhelmed by my faults."
~ Robert Coleman

(I have been counseling someone on this very issue)

"How embarrassing to be human." ~ Kurt Vonnegut

(I hear the news and read the paper and think, "what is _wrong_ with people? when will we stop hurting each other so foolishly and cruelly?)

"Have a heart that never hardens and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts."
~~Charles Dickens

(I like that quote. I want to be just like that when I grow up.)

"Always behave like a duck, keep calm and unruffled on the surface, but paddle like the devil beneath. ~ Lord Barbidan

(That is what I am doing, paddling as fast as I can and taking notes.)


No comments: