I never thought about being 50 until I was 49.
I never thought about being 49 until I was 48.
I never thought about being 48.
I do remember being 45. That's probably one of my last age memories.
All my children were born later than was normal for women who had babies - 29, 39, and 42. That probably made me wiser and more tired-er. And, at that time, part of the 'high risk' generation. Seems that changed. More women are having babies later and not being afraid of it. I wasn't afraid of it at any time. That's just when I happened to have my children.
I'm thinking - what's different today than yesterday? Maybe there are some things that are different than 10 years ago -- I'm not even sure about that. My kids are sure big.
I opted out of a big party. Just not my thing. I worked in my garden today. It was great. All I wanted was more dirt and more plants!
If there is any new wisdom for me this day, it might dawn on me tomorrow morning.
What I did this morning was call my mother. I asked her if she remembered her labor? "What?" she said.
"Your labor," I said, "don't you remember what you were doing 60 years ago today?"
"Well," it wasn't this early," she said!
Then she described the ambulance ride and how she had to go alone to the hospital because my grandmother couldn't drive, and my grandfather was at work, and my father was in the Air Force stationed in the Panama Canal Zone, so there she was 17 and off to the hospital all by herself!
My great grandmother got there before anyone else did and before I was born. Curly blonde hair and Blue-eyes which are both gone now. Blonde gave over to brownish reddish and blue gave over to hazel.
Actually, many things have given over to many things, but I guess when they come on slowly, you just don't notice them all that much. That could be good and and that could be bad. I suppose I've experienced a bit of both.
Well, I'm invited to have some sushi and wine with friends, so I'm off to do that. We'll play a little guitar and sing some songs.
I'll check in with myself tomorrow and see how different I am being 60. But somehow inside, I think I will always be 24.
With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.
William Shakespeare
Okay- well, I've got a few winkles...
If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older.
Old age: A great sense of calm and freedom. When the passions have relaxed their hold, you may have escaped, not from one master but from many. ~ PlatoOkay- well, I've got a few winkles...
If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older.
Abraham Sutzkever
I think that is what I'm doing! And it's really fun.
I think that is what I'm doing! And it's really fun.
Okay, well, I can agree with that, too....
3 comments:
Hard to believe - you certainly don't look it! It sounds like a relaxing, low-key day - a perfect birthday.
Happy 24TH!!! We love you.
The Williams clan
I too have had children older than many of my piers. I remember a gal who was 10 yrs younger than I... She was grounded w/ kidos and I was thrilled to finally be home with one!! and then two! By God grace!
Wanting another little one @ 38!
Mum to 2 girls 7 & 5... and we all enjoy AO!
Grace!
ss
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/spike/
Post a Comment