I went out to my little garden the other day and found this little surprise.
Awhile back, I had used this area for a compost pile - then I decided to plant flowers, and I just covered up all the compost --
Well, seems something broke through. I knew it was a cantaloupe vine growing, but I never expected this!! ---
These photos were taken at two different times of the day. I notice that some insect is quickly eating into the vine. So, I don't know if I can save it. And, it's doubtful I can save the cantaloupe. I called a friend of mine who knows about these things, and she told me I have to find a way to support the cantaloupe because it will surely fall.
I don't know it's fate. But I was just pleased as punch when I found it hanging on the vine. Gave new meaning to 'hanging in there!'
Life is a celebration of awakenings, of new beginnings, and wonderful surprises that enlighten the soul. ~~ Cielo
No comments:
Post a Comment