Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I'll be at the end of the line....

I'll never get it. Whatever 'it' is, if it is a 'tekkie' thing - it'll pass me by.

Part 1 - I had a post here, and I thought, because it says 'save now' constantly on the bottom of the little box you type in - that it was actually saving.

But I left to go practice some Spanish with Sean and it didn't save anything. Not now, nor then. Why? I don't know.

I haven't figured out how to blog. And most likely, I won't until it's the end of the blogging world and people will be on to something else, like Pling Sailing.

My son Sean has met a girl who taught herself to speak fluently 6 languages. He now wants to speak more than one language, too. So he's trying Spanish because if you can speak Spanish here in Sunny Florida - you have a much better chance of getting a job.

Part 2 - I asked Sean if maybe I could use his Spanish CD in my computer. Than I said, 'oh no, I can't because I don't have sound on mine.'

"What do you mean, you don't have sound? You have sound," he said, "I put the sound card in myself."

"I don't know then what happened."

Well, long story short - what happened was, my speakers got moved to another computer, and Mom thought - she had no sound - when infact - she had no speakers. (duh! - Which in Spanish is the same only with an upside down exclamation point in the front - making you twice as duh!)

Part 3 - There are many things you can do on your blog. I can do about three. I can post pictures now, I can type in the little box and look at the preview, I can add a link -- oh, and I learned about the 'labels for this post' box, but I have not learned how to link that to wherever it is that you can view those things together in their same likeness. That's a worm hole to me.

I am thinking about setting up a practice blog. One I can play on and try to do things with and not worry about what happens. You know what? I think I just came up with a very, very good idea.

2 comments:

Hanley Family said...

Hey, if you ever need any help with basic stuff, email me and I can walk you through most of it. It is more daunting at the beginning because there is so much, but each thing is really not that bad. Videos, labels, minor template tweaks...that kind of stuff I can help you with...and I have a practice blog, too. I call it my sandbox.

It is better to reach me here: gottsegnetatgmaildotcom.

Just Here For Now said...

Thank you! I shall do that! :)