How do you look at it? I always think the Week has Ended! I love Fridays!
Tonight I didn't cook. I ordered pizza and a sub for the family - I had my Pasta Fagioli, which I make from scratch, and I love it - but no cooking, as there are dishes sitting in my kitchen from last night (okay, they are put away now, but they weren't at dinner time.). I've just been doing other things.
I have been painting my new and first bookshelf! The one Mr. B made for me this past week. As I was painting it, and for all the painting I have done, I was sorely disappointed in the job I as doing (two coats of primer and two coats of paint already!) - but, oh well - it's done with love and all that -- and
I was thinking about how important Carpentry is. Such a necessity to be a good carpenter if one should choose that profession. How many professions could you choose that your lack of skill could make something fall down?
Anyway, I decided to paint the shelf in a Ultra High Gloss White. Maybe that is the problem. It's not so easy for me working with this High Gloss paint. Maybe I didn't stir it enough. Maybe I shouldn't paint outside on a windy day. Maybe I have to heavy a hand. But I've seen the results of High Gloss White before, and this is turning out exactly like that, only this is not how I wanted it to look. Oh well. It'll be lovely when it's up.
And, I've been working on my sons books - business books that is- yes, aside from being a good cook (my husband told me that!), I have some minor bookkeeping skills. Really, it's just posting to a Quicken program, but somebody's got to do it, and since it's boring to a lot of people and accountants charge a ton of money, I volunteered.
I found a surprise for me in my garden. I'll try to post a photo of that tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment