I found this site featuring Phrases and their Meanings and Origins. It's quite fun. There are some quizzes there to take.
There are no way to post results that I can see, but I will clue you this - follow your first thoughts! The only ones I missed are the ones that I said to myself, 'ummmm, maybe I'm wrong there.'
Did you know there are 600 phrases that relate to the human body? Those are only ones beginning with A, B, and C.
I'm not really sure how they can actually trace back the origin of all phrases. I know some of mine come from misquotes from my kids as they were growing up. We've just adapted them into our language (and what family hasn't done the same?)
Here are some French phrases should you so delight.
This is my favorite to think about today -- It begins with the world famous All the World's a Stage ...but it makes the most sense, and I've always loved it. I think I'm going to memorize it.
Have a sunny day ....
Sunday, July 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment