Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Alas, Guilt, thou doth try me....

I had a long day. I stayed longer with Jacob than usual. It was unusally hot. My house is in total disorder because of a new switch we had to put in. I can't find my clothes. The rent is due, and I can't find the 941's I need to finish my 2006 taxes!

But none of that bothers me much right now.

What bothers me? The sound of the lawnmower. I have closed all my blinds so I don't have to look outside.

Why?

Because here I sit with a turkey sandwhich, that I was craving, and a glass of merlot, that I felt I really needed - and it's my mother in law -- who is 80 -- that is outside _mowing my lawn_!~!

That is such a dreadful feeling.

It's not that my lawn needs mowing. It's that she lives next door, and she and my father in law like the lawns to looks just so - Just So Lawns by Rita and Steve would be their business name.

I mean, there are practical entries to the scenario like:
Items --
1. you don't want the grass to high because it jams the mower --

2. and it'll just grow more if you leave it --

3. and, of course, what they tell us -- 'well, we like to do it.' (I say 'they' but it's always 'she')

So, I sit here, typing at my computer and feeling guilty, guilty, guilty.

But you know what? People are going to do what they do, and sometimes there is not a durned peeking thing you can do about it.

So let her mow!
And I'll pour another glass of merlot.

Going to bed early, squirrley --

Hope you had a sunny day!

always,

Miss Roxie

~~ooops, the lawn mower stopped; I better go check ....

No comments: