You can bury a lot of troubles digging in the dirt. ~Author Unknown
I think that if ever a mortal heard the voice of God it would be in a garden at the cool of the day. ~F. Frankfort Moore, A Garden of Peace
My garden is growing. Last night a walker came by while I was working out there and said, "oh that's beautiful, just so beautiful!"
In my mind, the garden is not beautiful ~ yet. My vision of what it can be has not manifested itself. And I thought, wow, what a reflection on life is that.
Here is this Walker, who probably walks by my garden often and has seen the little things I have added and comments on the beauty of what goes into taking care of things and nurturing things and just constantly checking and working to make things better - so she calls out "Beautiful.."
And because I am still working on my vision, my unnamed goal for my little quiet spot, that I don't see the beauty she sees.
But that's okay ~ We stil each see Beauty, as we all know from the old adage, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."
Yesterday, I had added a Bird Bath that I have to set up on a paving stone. I love the look of it and can't wait for the birds to come round. There is a nest in a small scrub oak in my front yard, so maybe the babies will eventually bathe in my bath!
Some of the roots that were existing in the area are just to strong and rooty and can't be dug into, so I've had to use some 'out of the box' thinking in placing some plants in pots. I love it.
It's a little area that was existing when we got here. The main plants were a Saw Palmetto (ouch) and a couple of little lackey scrub oaks. Des wanted to nix them all, but I said no, please, give me a chance there.
I've added flowers and such, but what I really want in my garden and in my yard are the plants that are from my region. I grew up with them and would like one of each of them in my yard. They are the plants of my childhood.
Of course, I wish I had pictures from the beginning and I want to do that now as I progress out there. So Maybe, within the next few days, I'll have some photos of my Therapy Garden. I want to name my garden something. I have to think about this. I can't tell you how peaceful it is to think about my garden and what it needs.
My thoughts going there in my mind where my garden has taken hold in picture makes traveling there such a holy respite; I find such joy in thinking of the new things I will invite into my garden.
The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses. ~Hanna Rion
Take thy plastic spade, It is thy pencil; take thy seeds, thy plants, They are thy colours. ~William Mason, The English Garden, 1782
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment