Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Okay. I don't know....
I read this, below, this morning about insects. I mean, I had just recently told someone that even though hurricanes are bad - we can't hate them exactly because they belong to the earth and it's way of doing things, and we just happen to live on the earth and so we are in the way of the earth cleansing itself. (well, it made sense to me at the time),
anyway,
so this morning in my mailbox, I received this about insects:
Insects "bug" us for shelter, water, or food, but they can also come into our lives to bring us a message. Though many cultures have decided what insects represent to them, you may be able to decipher their message just by thinking about their attributes.
For example, bees may be telling you to communicate psychically with your family or to spread your talents like pollen. Their buzzing could be warning you about someone who could sting you or reminding you to stop and smell the flowers. Once you get their message, they may leave on their own. But if they don't, you may want to spend a few days patiently inviting them to leave. In meditation or aloud, explain that this is your home and that the insect world is outdoors.
While you understand their hunger and thirst, you will provide them with a designated place outside. Be sure to offer them appropriate food and make a commitment to replenish the supply regularly. You can even make a ceremony of it: Choose a time such as suns! et every Sunday, or every full moon, then create a line of demarcation around your home with sage or by sprinkling some herbs before giving your offering. This serves the dual purpose of keeping your bargain with your insect neighbors and keeping you in sync with nature's cycles.
I mean ...well, yes, they do live on the earth. And I do believe that all things are connected - but when I thought all things, I wasn't thinking I could tell the ants to leave and I would feed them on the border of my property ...
I did have an intervention with a spider once. He was huge! He was in my tub and I didn't want to kill him; I wanted to put him in a glass jar and take him outside and let him go. It was a chasing game. Then I said - to the spider - "Look. I just want to take you outside. If you get in this jar, I'll take you outside and let you go."
Now, I'm not kidding on this part -- the spider got in the jar. Just walked right in. I took him outside and let him go.
I might try talking to the ants.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment