It was only in the world of cyberspace that I knew Missey Gray.
As per my usual blogging ritual, I popped over to Tim's Mom's place and read the Sad News there that she had passed away. My heart sunk. I had read Missey's posts many times on the Ambleside - AmbleRamble homeschooling list. My heart still feels such a clenching to think of her being gone ...
Crossing the Bar ~
Alfred Lord Tennyson
Sunset and evening star,
And one clear call for me!
And may there be no moaning of the bar
When I put out to sea.
But such a tide as moving seems asleep,
Too full for sound and foam.
When that which drew from the boundless deep
Turns again home.
Twilight and evening bell,
And after that the dark!
And may there be no sadness of farewell
When I embark.
For, though from out our bourne of time and place
The flood may bear me far,
I hope to see my Pilot face to face
When I have crossed the bar.
~May you rest in peace, Missey Gray.
No comments:
Post a Comment