Sunday, May 31, 2009

My Zen Wall Part One

There is a plant that grows very well in my area. It's called a Mexican Petunia for short and Ruellia brittoniana for those who prefer the Latin. It's a plant that comes with a warning. If you scroll down the link posted up there, you will see the warning on the bottom of the page.

It's a very invasive plant. Which means it's a total survivor, and it can wreck havoc to things that need to grow where they need to grow to sustain life.

One of my neighbors walked by the other day and complimented by yard and my butterfly garden work. Then she cursed the Mexican Petunias telling me the story of them being so invasive, and yes, well, they are, but nothing here is endangered. But, I didn't mention that. I didn't know if she worked for the Environmental Invasive Police. I'm sort of still new here.

What I should have done, was shown her my Zen Wall. I love this wall I made with the MP's as they look so Zen like, and they grow tall; I don't think they are supposed to grow this tall but they seem to be doing fine. I love my Zen wall.

My house is small and the lots here are very small and for privacy on the porch, I needed something ~ but what? When I put the MP's out there, I wasn't thinking about making a Zen Wall, I had just put them behind some croutons, that I don't really like, thinking they might add some more color. And then they began to grow.

Sometime in that time, I got this idea to put fishing line to cross between the columns. I have used that to make a support for the Mexican Petunias to be able to stay up straight. Again, that was not my original intention, but I like the way it is turning out.

It's a privacy issue. More about the Zen Wall later. I just think things done with nature are just so much more spiritual ...
more later and a photo.
Just to tired right now.
Good Night.

No comments: