Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Christmas Shopping and Random Movement

Yes, I say Christmas shopping, not holiday shopping. It's Christmas to me.

This year, this year, I must respect the fact that we have - oh how should I phrase this - limited funds? I am so tempted, quite tempted, because it is Christmas to use that charge card, but I can't, I can't, I can't. I must exercise self control, but that won't stop me from searching around for some ideas!

My sister in law said my father in law needed some kind of slippers that were not so bare to walk around the house in (tile floors) and I found these --

Tired Foot Care Socks

They look really cool! I looked around the site, and there are a lot of other neat things, too. Clever little items for comfort.

When I turned that 'aging' corner - I began to look at all these lovely little items of comfort as my bone and joints began to speak to me. They say things like, "You silly fool! Do you really think you can run across the park with your nephew who is five without training for 6 weeks, and I'm not going to just have to rest for three days! We don't do random running any more!"

But that aside, I'm having to consider myself, in training (old people talk for "out of shape.)

More later, must leave -

2 comments:

LNL said...

Nice socks! But they cost more than any pair of shoes I've ever owned. I've already turned that 'aging' corner, and I'm definitely thinking of comfort these days.

Just Here For Now said...

Aren't they cool socks? And I know what you mean, they cost more than my shoes, too!

And you 'aging'?? No way! You are still running with the young ones! Enjoy!!