Sunday, December 07, 2008

Respect your Stress

To deal with stress successfully, one really has to know themselves and accept that their self does know. And then, one must listen and respond, to what one tells oneself (one's self? themself?. feel like you're in a Kung Fu movie, grasshopper?...)

I kind of know myself, but not well enough yet, to totally acknowledge, and act on, my inner most thoughts; that is, I ignore the 'signals' that come from deep within, and don't seem to have learned to Respect my Stress or it's signals.

I still, foolishly, push those limits, and I have not figured out why it is I do that. Do I think I am a super hero? No. Maybe I think I am not worth it? I'm working on that.

One would think, by the time one is reaching the other side of their trip around sun, yet another time, that one would just readily acknowledge those signals out of respect for oneself.

After quiet examination, what I felt like doing was walking like Forest Grump did. Just start walking. And keep walking ...not sure when I wanted to stop - so, I figured I needed to move it, move it --

So, I did at least start walking around my block. And then increased to a mile and a bit a few days a week. And, every day I try to race my little nephew. He always wins, although it's funny, he thinks he has to compete with me, and he keeps looking back at me to see if I am gaining on him! It really makes me laugh.

So, that is one of my new goals in life. Respect my inner signals.

Respect my stress. (Truth is, I feel more like slapping it around a little.)

(I need to hone up on my Kung Fu speak.)

No comments: