Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mr. Podiatrist Head

I did go to the foot doctor today. I have found out that I have 'deformed feet'. Are your second and third toes longer than you big toe? Well, if they are....your feet are 'deformed'. His word, not mine.

He was a young man, but hopefully, he does know what he is doing, even if he doesn't have a keen sense of wording in his deliverance to you of your condition.

There are many different reactions you get from people when you tell them you are going to a podiatrist without being sent to one because of some reason that someone else with a medical degree discovered. But oh well, I knew that something was wrong. After 6 decades of standing on these long skinny things ~ they were beginning to speak to me. And they said, "man, you gotta sit down. we can't stand here anymore, and don't even try to dance..."

And I am to fidgety to do that, ~ I gotta dance~ so, Mr. Podiatrist has convinced me I need some man made support. The support system he proposes is not cheap (and you don't even get to choose colors or fabric!), and of course, my insurance company, Blue In the Face Blue Cheapos, will not cover his suggestion not even a tiny bit. Not a percentage, not a tittle, not a mark! Cheapos!

The Insurance Company must think that Mr. Podiatrist doesn't know what he's doing. Otherwise, one would think, that they would help give one what a Professional Foot Doctor says one needs, I mean, as far as I can have a knowledge of things....I would think an insurance company would WANT to help your FEET. Gladly. But no.

So, I made arrangements to get a second mortgage on the homestead, so I can get these things for my feet that are going to change my life, that only go in ugly shoes, no cool shoes, of course, as those would cost $250.00 more for extra special made ones, and which, of course, they won't even order ANYTHING until you Pay In Full for EVERYTHING, sign over your car and give them the keys to your storage shed....and in three weeks I will have a brand new life (spent in real ugly shoes).

I will be able to golf with Tiger Woods, play some hoops with Michael Jordan, throw a few with Tim Tebow, and run a marathon. No prob. Looking forward to it.

Yeah. Let's hope Mr. Podiatrist Head knows what he is talking about.

No comments: