1. I have lost my toothbrush. How does that happen? No one looses a toothbrush.
2. I took my granddaughter over to visit my Mom, and I didn't bring a diaper (what insanity is that?). I just put her in the car, we drove the three miles for a short visit. Something came up. I said, 'sure, Mom, I'll stay here with Zack (my nephew) ...and of course, there was poop.
My rationale said, 'years of no diapers were before carrying these extra paper strips with Velcro tabs. There has got to be a solution to this situation.'
So, I cleaned her up. Folded a small towel in a useful way, and put a pair of my 6 year old nephews underwear. I choose the pair that most closely matched her outfit. I asked her not to pee until we got home. She complied. And, she was quite comfortable in her new 'container', shall we say.
3. I found two contact lenses that I had lost. I was doing a quick cleaning in my bathroom and noticed these tiny little blue plastic looking thingies on the lower cabinet door. And actually, a whole new world opened up in my mind.
For these crazy two weeks, I have been totally perplexed as to whether or not I have my contacts in...like I wonder, am I blind today? I mean, I knew I just put them in...and then they seem to just not be there.
Well, they aren't!
I must be flinging them without knowledge of my own existence at the time I am flinging them.
(Above photo contains picture of flung contact)
And to sum up:
4. Here's the thing ~ One cannot lose awareness of one's own existence. If one does, then what is the point? The point of anything?
You have to be here to be here. You have to see 'now' to be.
Deep breathes and taking a moment to recollect ones thoughts in a nice little pile are among the most necessary things one can do. It's a reconnect to the you in you ~ the spirit self in you ~ that you need.
The spirit place in yourself is not a place of losing important things and flinging contact lenses. It's a place of peace and calm and love and hope and good cheer and smiles. Be there.
I have been pushed forward by my own idea of chaos. My own idea of whirling and spinning in all the emotions around me is what I allowed myself to do, when I should have stood still and taken a breath. I need to remind myself that I know this.
Deep Breathes.
Thankfulness.
Forgiveness.
Love and understanding.
These are all wonderful things that we can apply to ourselves. And God will still love us.
5 comments:
You've had what might be called a bad day or maybe a good day in which bad things happened. It's been a long time since I've encountered some of these minor problem. Good luck with the next short visit.
May your next short trip turn out better.
Thank you so much for your perspective, Bill, and for stopping by. In my next life, I hope to be a grown up~! ;)
Have you talked to your dad? What did he think about the 60th anniversary and the controversy over the speaker and the reunion in general? Just curious. Thanks.
I sent you an email, Bill. If you didn't get it, let me know!
Post a Comment