One's first step in wisdom is to question everything - and one's last is to come to terms with everything. ~ George Lichtenberg
Is coming to terms another word for acceptance?
I posted that the other day, and then today, I found this quote by Robert Frost --
"Always fall in with what you're asked to accept. Take what is given, and make it over your way. My aim in life has always been to hold my own with whatever's going. Not against: with."
I thought that was so interesting. In doing that, making it over your own way, you are no longer the salmon swimming up stream. You are the flower growing along side the weeds on the side of the railroad track. People will notice. They will drive by quickly, but a little glance at you might help them through their day.
My thoughts are much consumed by the election coming up in our country. I want to like and respect all the candidates, but I can't.
I do feel we, as in the 'we' meaning our country, are in such a mess. Maybe I feel that way because we are among the unemployed. Maybe it is because of the money needed to pay for the insurances required to live in the country. Insurance companies have such a grip on us. Maybe it's because gas is crunching our food budget. I do like peanut butter and jelly, so perhaps, I will be one of the survivors.
Madam B has a job now. And because of the gas she uses to get to work, she was talking about quitting. But, jobs are hard to find these days. I remember a time when I didn't like a job, I'd quit, and go out immediately and get another one. Not so anymore. So, we are wrestling with wanting her to have the experience. Chalking the cost of gas, insurance, etc. up to education, experience and something on your resume. Do I know if this is best? Not any more.
There was a time I might have known for sure, but not now. Not right now. I'm not sure right now of what I know for sure. Maybe tomorrow I might. Than again, not. Seems that the surer you are of things, the closer you are of your expiration date on the planet. But, that could be wrong, too.
Sunday, October 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment