Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It's all good

Last week I was going to blog about how Flylady.net was my new best friend, as my house keeping situation was just peachy keen and aesthetically pleasing. Then, somewhere along the line, all the stuff that I had put away flew out of its assigned place and wanted to show itself and collect some dust.

It is frustrating. For me, at least.

But, I have learned enough with Flylady, whom I still highly recommend, that you can jump back on that train at any time, and it doesn't take much to get yourself back in place, well, some place...

I think I left off at the part where I was supposed to take down my shower curtain and wash it. Somehow, that job overwhelmed me.

I was torn between a dollar and a dime. I couldn't decide which was more cost efficient i.e. buying a new shower curtain or using soap, water, energy (both mine and the world's -- and if we got all existentialist we might say they were the same thing),

so I belabored the task, as if it might be the end of the world, traveling in and out of the store, unable to make the decision to buy the shower curtain (or not),

Such procrastination, as this, is foreboding and pit falling. Which is just a fancy way of saying, I really didn't wanna mess with the shower curtain, so basically I shot myself in the foot, meaning, I stopped doing most things in the house, ran out of every cleaning necessity I had, while avoiding the store emphatically because of that blasted cheap vinyl shower curtain, and so I began an exercise program.

I decided that my state of mind was caused by depression which in turn must be caused by something I was or was not doing, and since I was not doing exercise that must be the root of all evil, as alas there must always be something to blame, after all this is America and nothing is our fault, you know, and everything has a root.

So, I've been exercising for two days. There is not a place on me that does not ache, twinge or creek.

As for that shower curtain - well, it's not dead yet. NASA was knocking on my door asking for samples of a new life form that was signaling from my house on their radar screens, as my shower curtain was, well...let's just say, *gross* can have several meanings, shapes and forms.

NASA is making me sign papers that exempt them from prosecution, after I agreed to let them tent my house, and spray us down with some powdery stuff that smells like kool-aid; they say it's routine, so at least I know I'm not the only one with problems of this sort.

I realize now that I'm also having problems in the area of decision making and should, most likely, seek counseling on this. After I make that appointment, I'll be getting in touch with the orthopedic surgeon and taking physical therapy and it looks like that shower curtain could end up costing a whooping Three Grand.

For want of a nail, the kingdom was lost ....
that's the way it goes sometimes.


For want of a nail the shoe was lost.
For want of a shoe the horse was lost.
For want of a horse the rider was lost.
For want of a rider the battle was lost.
For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.
And all for the want of a horseshoe nail.

No comments: