Monday, December 17, 2007

Just another Manic Monday

Part 3:

Just when you thought, oh please, not one more thing - you run out of gas. Stone cold - O.U.T.

I do thank God that I was IN a parking space at the grocery store when I KNEW for sure that I was OUT of GAS! I cannot imagine my horror of that situation had I been with one of my nephews at the time! I would never have out lived that story.

I called Mr. B. who had not even left his job site - it was almost 6:30 - and he was over an hour before getting home, so he started rapid fire asking me, "have you called ??? or ??? or ???" --

"No. Darling. I called you first." I know he loves me and worries about me because he knows I don't do gas cans.

So calmly, I called #2 son.

The conversation was simple:

"Hey Sean, you home?"
"Yes."
"I'm up at Publix, and I'm out of Gas."
"Be right there, Mom."

Now. Who could ask for anything more?

So - how does someone run out of gas in this day and age? Broken gas gauge. Oh well.

So - Sean came up with a 5 gallon can and as he poured it in my tank, and any conscientious observer would have been able to tell it was, indeed, Stone Cold Emp-TEE!! Goodness Gracious, I am a lucky woman!! Sitting in a parking space! How lucky is that!

Part 2:

Our house is a haven for some furniture my oldest son has come to possess for a home theater he and Mr. B plan on building together. The furniture was a deal. Couldn't be passed up, so - there are theater seats in my already small living room and our Christmas tree was on the front porch.

I came home this afternoon and Voila!! Madam Blueberry had the furniture rearranged so you can walk around, the tree inside the house, decorated, and the house in now decorated and it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! She's been wrapping all the presents and has them under the tree. Oh, she does spoil me.

Part 1:
"What's well begun, is half done." ~ Horace

I must be well begun, because I am always half done!!

No comments: