Things of the day in no particular order:
1. Cleaned my house. Brought Jacob here to play with his new toys. Tuesday was his birthday, he is now officially three years old, so he had some really cool and interesting new things to do. And I am happy that things do look better around here. I got spoiled with a clean house there when my house for sale, and we lived under the Clean House All The Time rule. It was so lovely.
But. Even though Jake had the new toys, he played with this . And waited, he did, excitingly for the train! The luggage cart was used to haul his trucks to the garage for repair, and for rides of himself to appointed destinations. Nothing like a child's imagination.
2. A suggestion ~ If anyone in the world has not started to declutter their house, now is a really good time to start. The holidays are coming upon us very, very soon. And one can always use extra space around the holidays. Donate it, make it straight, or give it the gate.
One of the things I did, in my trying to organize here, is create a kitchen that holds only what we use on a daily basis. Then, I put the other kitchen stuff I had, which is plenty, in containers in the laundry room, in some kind of fake order. I'll go through it again after Christmas, and whatever I didn't use, I'll give away to a place near me called Jesus of Hope Thrift Store.
I have no regrets for all the things I threw or gave away. I did for about 12 minutes once on a Tuesday.
3. My niece from Lakeland is coming into town today. She was in one of those schools that was put into lockdown on day in late September, that made CNN the day that criminal shot the officers in Kathleen, Florida. Anyway, she coming in to West Palm Beach on the train, and the train is late. It's late because someone got killed by the train on the tracks in Orlando. Sad. I live near the tracks now, and People really shouldn't fool around with the train. You think you might have time; but there is no guarantee. Sometimes it's just a work train and it's just going back and forth, but sometimes it totally is not.
4. Mr. B is on his way home. He's late tonight. Overtime pay, but is it worth it? I suppose, if you want to buy food and books and pay rent, it is helpful.
5. So gasoline prices are down? Well, ha ha ha. Food prices are up. It's just a political game they play. It's like the property tax - property value game. They lower your taxes, but raise the value of your property. So do you get ahead? The only way you might get ahead, is if they are giving out cabbage.
6. Want to know how to stop the war? This will do it pronto. Go to Washington and tell everyone that Congress, and the President and all his men, should immediately go out the back door. There, waiting for them will be buses. Load them on the buses and take them directly to Paris Island. That's where the Marines train a few good men.
Have them deposit their suits and ties in a zip lock bag, and put thereselves directly into combat fatigues to begin their basic training with their destination being Iraq at the end of three months. What odds can I get that, within three months, someone will come up with a really good plan to get us out of Iraq? Sometimes you just need the proper motivation.
Thursday, October 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment