Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Oh October, How I love Thee

I don't know why I wrote that. I guess I just felt poetic at the moment.

Things here are still a tad unorganized (stop laughing). I worked all weekend at putting things away and still getting rid of things, and I'm tired. And still things are to be done. Mr. B went shopping at Home Depot ~ and, no, I did not go because I always want to stick a pencil in my eye while I'm there ~ and he bought more shelving. Yes, this will be the House of Shelving. "Where is it?" one will ask when looking for something, and someone will say, "On the shelf."

Okay, so that's one thing. What's the second thing? I can't remember.

My sister is coming this weekend (newsflash ~I just got a call, and she is coming tomorrow night, and I am excited about that. So that could be why I feel some pressure to do more straightening out/up or around because I would like things nice for our visit. I love orderly for visits. It helps me relax.

She and her husband and my great nephew Nathan will be sleeping at my son's house, who is right next door, so that part is good. He has an extra room with a real bed for guests.


I have heartburn today. And my mother says it's because of the self imposed stress of things not yet done. I was thinking I was eating too much pineapple. I don't know, but it's really uncomfortable. I think I'll try the Prisolec over the counter stuff for two weeks, and see if I feel any better.

I have just now got my list of all of Madam B's schoolbooks! I do hope I’m not missing anything else! A couple of them just arrived yesterday. I was going to go to Barnes and Nobles to pick up the books, but things were just so pressed time wise, I ended up ordering them and they were delivered to my door. I found the Math Tests last nigh in a blue crate, and the Science in a box of old work from years previous. How these things didn’t end up together in one box is so beyond me at this time. But I can’t dwell on it or I would go mad, mad, mad, I tell you!!

So bit-by-bit, this is a crazy year, but things will come together. She has already been working about 3 hours a day on what she has, so she's not really excited that a plan of adding more work is in the works! But she will adapt. She always does come through. This year, maybe a bit more verbally, so is that to say, ‘she found her voice and it says ‘no, no, no, I say’ …?

Oh my, I just remembered! She finished her Shakespeare book – Comedy of Errors - about two weeks ago, so there’s another assignment for me! I have Henry V, that we tried once before, but it’s a tad to heavy for right now, so something lighter might be better.

Maybe tomorrow we will go to Barnes and Nobles ….Get a coffee, and chill. Jacob will want to play on the Thomas the Train table. Maybe I won’t do too much chillin’ after all. We’ll see.

A bit of Shakespeare before I go –

A bit from Sonnet 60 ~

Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end;
Each changing place with that which goes before,
In sequent toil all forwards do contend.
Nativity, once in the main of light,
Crawls to maturity, wherewith being crowned,
Crooked eclipses 'gainst his glory fight,
And Time that gave doth now his gift confound.
Time doth transfix the flourish set on youth
And delves the parallels in beauty's brow,
Feeds on the rarities of nature's truth,
And nothing stands but for his scythe to mow:
And yet to times in hope, my verse shall stand...

No comments: