Sunday, July 02, 2006

Happy Birthday Sean



End of the Dirt Road is a song written about my son Sean. He's the guy in the white hat.
He's with my brother in law in the top photo, and that's my brother in the second.

In May of '05 I wrote a post on a Message Board about Sean. A friend of mine on the board, Doug Barnett, is a song writer and a singer, and all 'round general good fellow. He took my post, and he turned it into a song! Incredible, I thought.

He put it on one of his CD's and in honor of today being Sean's birthday ~ I shared a link up there so everyone could hear Sean's song. It's called End of the Dirt Road. The whole vision of the post was my little boy was now driving off the dirt road and headed out to the highway --I do love that boy. He is a most fun child, the one that made me laugh every time I tried to discipline him! Take a listen to the song; you might like it.

If you like the song and wish to listen to some more of Doug Barnett's music - here's his homepage and information on the cd that I bought.

It's funny, how no matter what happens in your life, you never forgot the day you gave birth to your children. Their birthday. You beginning the most important assignment in your life. Never just another day.

Sean had a good day today. He's with his brother and my brother's family, and my parents, and my great nephew Nate, who looks at my boys like they hung the moon. And that is cool beans.

Happy Birthday, Sean! We love you, today, always, and forever.

No comments: