Friday, July 21, 2006

Be careful what you wish for and other things

Well. I said I might need a trip or two to get used to moving? I should have kept my big mouth shut because it looks like it will be that. Several trips. Oh I'm about dizzy.

Wednesday I think I started having a panic attack. I got double vision. And then by Thursday I had to whopping headache. And then Thursday night, I felt like a horse was standing on my chest there was so much pressure. But I thought, 'you know what, you?' you're having a panic attack.' So I took two aspirins and went to bed and wished for things to be different..

Today my niece called me. Seems she was attacked by a raccoon this morning. She lives is a regular neighborhood, quiet little place near a lake...and she went outside at 6 AM to smoke a cigarette. And yes, we all tell her she shouldn't smoke and she knows it, but she has a real problem with her nerves and says it's the only thing that helps...
anyway,
She saw something out of the corner of her eye at the cat's food there, but didn't pay it much mind until it ran up a tree there in her front yard, Big tree really.

The thing hissed at her, and she said, 'don't you be messin' with me this morning.' And apparently that was the wrong thing to say to a hungry raccoon. He charged at her! Hissing the whole time!

She freaked and ran inside and it was a fight to get the screen door closed! He was trying to get in and had his paw in the door.

There are 3 adults and 3 kids asleep in the house. She didn't scream because she didn't want to wake them up, and she didn't want to let go of the screen door because that raccoon was serious about being angry.

But she finally got the screen door closed, and the big door, and woke her husband. Who got his rifle and came out and killed the raccoon.

Now here is the weird part to me. He fire 28 shoots to kill that raccoon. And no one came out (except her mother who is my sister, and she thought he had gone stark blooming crazy and was shooting her cat out of a tree because she saw it fall and didn't think for a second that it was a raccoon that had just attacked her daughter.) But not one neighbor came out!

They called the animal control. And the animal control said they don't handle things of this nature. Nor do they come out regarding animals unless someone is hurt or in danger. And being that the said animal was now deceased, it was their said problem.

My morning didn't start out that way. And I am glad.

No comments: