I loved this article. 10 Tricks for Improving Your Memory. It's in Woman's Day, but I saw it on Yahoo this morning.
Some of the things on the list are nothing new and most are practical. But, what I find in my life now is, I need a good reminder once in a good while. And I also find my memory just ain't what it used to be. I read this article and thought I would share a couple of things.
Number one on their list -- Talk With Your Hands. I used to do this. And, I used to have a better memory than I do now. Are the two related as far as my problem is concerned? I do not know. But, I know the reason I don't talk with my hands to much any more is a couple -- I fell out of the habit when I had my kids and began carrying them around. I remember I was always moving when I was talking while I was holding a child. My neck would gesture and my body would fidget and sway. Probably working to break an unknown habit of talking with my hands.
Then, as the kids got bigger, I began to notice my hands; I mean, what they looked like as I aged and cleaning products ground them into leather, and I didn't recognize them. My finger joint are all swollen with arthritis, and I began to spend more time trying to hide my hands if I could. Vanity? Well, "Vanity, Vanity, all is vanity."
Also, I remember a neighbor's child I used to babysit. She was so very bright. When she started kindergarten and I would help her with her spelling homework, she would spell the words while, what appeared to me to be absent mindedly, counting the letters in the word on her fingers. I noticed she was very good at spelling.
Anyway, over to Number Two on their list -- Take a Chill Pill -- I know our society is so Pill-Oriented that I'm sure that is an attention getter, but if you read the article, it means -- Relax. Calm yourself. Reduce the Stress in your life. And Good luck!! Reducing Stress seems to be the ultimate thing to be able to do to conquer anything that you need to do that you can't do!
I am of the opinion that -- it's more important to get stress Out Of Your Mind - your Home Base - to conquer anything well. Therein lies the first step in seeing through all your life clearly, if that obstacle , of Stress,can be removed, you are a winner. And may become a better speller and never lose your keys again!
That Mind Stress gets in there, deeply, and rattles all the cages of all the fear you have stored up, maybe carefully placed in boxes and chambers -- Man, that's annoying to have that *stuff* jumping around like hailstones on hot asphalt!
I'll have to spend more time on this later. My stress is building just thinking about some annoying stuff and my jaw is starting to clench -- must have opened some of those hot boxes while writing this -- so think I'll go work it off doing some gardening - something I love. And take a few deep breathes while I'm at it....
I recommend reading the article and trying the things on the list. There are some fun things on there.
The one I didn't know about was sniffing Rosemary. That is new to me -- but I'm going to buy some and give it a chance. Got nothing to lose. Just like peace - if it's in my soul, then maybe I can get it to the world. Hope there's a chance.
Sunday, September 05, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment