Monday, May 24, 2010

Okay. Now, say What?

What?

This oil company called BP spilled a ton of oil in the Gulf and they're attempting to clean it up with chemicals. It's really a very serious oil spill.

What?

Yes, with a chemical called Corexit. Seriously.

What is Corexit?

Well, guess what? You will be drinking Corexit for the rest of your life. Because *they* are dumping it in the Gulf of Mexico to stop the oil spill.

Corexit is said to be this:

"....[snip]... Corexit 9500, is identified as a "moderate" human health hazard that can cause eye, skin or respiratory irritation with prolonged exposure, according to safety data documents.

What?

Yup. A -- Moderate. Health. Hazard.

Wow. Seriously? Those three little words don't sit very well with me at all.

And "Prolonged exposure"? Well, we will be exposed to it for a very long time, because the guys at BP are ~pros~ at using something dangerous to clean up their wicked mess!

Okay, so, *they* are dumping corexit in the Gulf to stop the oil, and then the United States Government tells them to stop ?----

Stop. As in S.T.O.P.?

Then we read: written here

"After initially approving a chemical oil dispersant called Corexit, the U.S Environmental Protection Agency retracted it's allowance and ordered British Petroleum to stop dumping the mysterious chemical substance by Sunday".

However, the oil giant has ignored the government's deadline and was continuing to dump large volumes of Corexit into the Gulf on Monday, according to The New York Times, apparently to keep the massive sea floor oil plumes from surfacing and possibly washing ashore.

Now, fudge and pancakes, that article from The Raw Story says the Government as ordered them to stop, and then, this article here from Bloomberg Business Week says BP was told to scale back.

I don't know about another person's knowledge of the English language, but to me -- stop has one meaning, and scale back has another meaning.

So, just what did the Government tell them to do ~ Did they say Stop? Or did they say Scale Back? Maybe I am being old fashioned, but I would like to know the truth of the matter. Not just see catchy word phrases in order to make sensational bold comments in newspapers and on blogs and new shows, then, to be picked up by the internet, and people like myself who happened to live in Florida, and might want to actually know what is really going on.

One truth is, we all live on this planet. This is a universal problem. Water makes a lovely cycle all around the world ...mi aqua, su aqua, and on and on ad infinitum until who knows, we will have found that what we have been drinking, for years and years, this chemical that has altered the state of what we once knew as the human bean...will cause a change in us. Perhaps the stories of X-Men weren't to far off? I'd prefer to be a society of X-Man than a cancer ridden society, but choices aren't being given out, as far as I know, so we are going to have to deal with the unknown.

You think it not possible? Mix a few unknown x-factor chemicals in your water for a few hundred years, which will eventually get into everything that has to do with a person, and add that to all the chemicals that are already in all the foods you eat and drinks you consume. Gosh, name something left on the planet that doesn't have a chemical in it? (I'm thinking, give me a sec...)

Ummm, is not water the base of most things, now it will be water filled with corexist or something else like it ....what kind of water is that?

OH so much to learn! Maybe tomorrow I can become a scientist, after I become an environmental expert, and before I become a doctor, because we will be needing doctors and nurses as the morphing phase begins to happen...Geesh, until then, I have to trust other people. Drat.

Yeah, it reads like a grade B movie doesn't it? That is so sad. And, we are all in it.

I don't have answers. I'm not comfortable with chemicals being used in the water of the Gulf. No, not at all.

I'm banking on Kevin Costner. Where is Kevin Costner right now? Can't we just get him down there? I'd even watch Water World again and again, if Keven can shore this up. Just would love to find another way that didn't include chemicals, or that other stunt they tried, you know, throwing the garbage and stuff down there? oh, that was totally beyond my simple brain capacity to think that would work...

Nah, at the end of the day, my money's on Costner. Come on, Bull, hit us a good one...

Until we know, I'm just remaining a dreamer, dreaming about Everyman ~~

Note to self:
Coffee in the morning, maybe will see things more clearly then -- lot a doubt about that, though, lot of doubt.

No comments: