One of our Senators, Mel Martinez, has stepped down. He is quoted as saying, "There's no impending reason, it's just my desire to move on," ...and I have no reason to dispute that except that the party he respresents is not the Republican party of Barry Goldwater.
If I was going to take a guess at another reason, I would guess that the Republican Party is becoming a sad state of affairs in what they are beginning to represent regarding the ideologies of the far right.
I am leaning toward agreeing with Frank Schaeffer about things.
But, I could be totally wrong, and Martinez's reason for leaving early, as he had already said he wasn't seeking reelection, could be absolutely spot on. This is all conjecture on my part.
I would also say, if someone should be stepping down, it should be Glenn Beck. That is not conjecture.
"Speak in terms of belief and belonging" ~ Jackson Browne
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment