2. I kicked myself for not having my camera handy today. Uncle Desi helped four year old Jacob change a spark plug in the lawn mower. He let him use a socket and a ratchet, and Jacob did it all by himself (with proper instruction, for which he gave his uncle no credit. Just told his mama, "I just know how" Oh well, I guess we all think our knowledge comes to us by magic)
3. It's been raining every night. The plants look great. I'm sure they feel good. But it's amazing, even with the rain every night, everything dries up so quickly. I don't know that much about weather, but I'm sure it's all logical to someone.
I got (some more of) my roses in the front. Yellow and White and Yellow and White. I got fragrance roses and I am in heaven! Pictures soon.
4. I spent 3 1/2 hours in Barnes and Noble with two of my nephews (Nathan and Jacob) and people said, "Three and a half hours!! Those kids were good in there for Three and a Half Hours! And yes, they were.
I was relaxed and had a coffee (The bold house brew, it was wonderful.) And they had a cookie and water, and Jacob and I split a Feta Cheese pretzel, and they looked at books, and Jacob played on the Thomas the Train set.
I bought Nathan a book on Mythology. He couldn't decide between Tuck Everlasting or Call of the Wild - both of which he has read, but just wanted to have the book (I assured him quietly that I could find those rather cheaper on Half.com); then he found the Mythology book , and I mentioned that Mythology is studied in high school and college and he said, "I'll take this one."
Nathan busied himself noting how many different versions there were of Beowulf and other classic tales of things.
Jacob busied himself.
6. Mr. B's job is still not looking good. It's not looking like something one should stick with. It's looking rather badly on all accounts in the places one would rate a job -
a. What they pay (turns out to be sometimes $4.00 an hour after all is said and done)
b. Much driving
c. Some people at the jobs don't speak English
d. There is no work (especially bad part). Somedays he has been gone for 12 hours, and there is no pay. *They* say it is temporary.
e. Every night you have to call India to close out your job. (Somehow, that is just too weird.)
But lamenting on this situation is not what we want to do. We are looking towards some kind of change. And leaving it to soon is not something he wants to do either. We want to act wisely.
7. Whatever you do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius and power and magic in it. -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
No comments:
Post a Comment