Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Ancora Imparo

The credit for the quote is given to Michelangelo and means "I am still learning", and I find that is me. Each time I scale some mountain that contains new information from experiences, I look over the top and see stuff coming I do not know about. It looks foggy at first, but if I wait long enough, the fog clears, and I walk through a lovely forest of peace and then, out of nowhere, the fog appears again.

So, just when you think you have experienced much, a new curve is thrown and out of the fog comes something different. Mr. B called me yesterday morning to tell me he has no job. Unemployed and so late in life, very interesting, and possibly, worrisome place to be. I have no idea what we will see when the fog clears.

Come to think of it, I might feel more like Alexander Graham Bell when he realized that his instrument of new discovery actually worked - "What has God wrought?"

We shall see.

We are concerned, but not to the point of worry. Actually, I'm not sure I do worry anymore. I try to 'go placidly amid the noise and the haste' and it seems to work for me, as I don't like noise and I don't like haste.

There is also another philosophy that I have learned from and that is the one that talks about viewing the same things from different angles and seeing different things. So, we are not looking at this harshly as of yet, and hopefully, we won't find ourselves 'living in a van down by the river!'
'

No comments: