Saturday, June 16, 2007

Things in a week

1. Is an empty refrigerator better than a refrigerator that's full of stuff you need to throw away? Yes. If that wasn't too obvious...
This new assignment I've given myself of using everything in my refrigerator just isn't working. So I started a compost pile.

2. This week seemed super long. It's very hot and humid here, maybe that's why, I don't know. Also, I'm experiencing not feeling so great. I'm suspecting my air conditioning filters needed to be changed more often. I live on a dirt road...so maybe that? I don't know, but I'm going to be more attentive to that.

3. Some things I've noticed --

a. No one has ever asked me what my work out routine is or what beauty products I use. Should I feel offended?

b. Of all the Gallup Polls mentioned? No one has ever polled me. They keep talking about polls on the news, and nope, no calls or sign up sheets have I experienced. How do they poll you? On the street? Only in big cities? I live in a very small town. Maybe they don't know we are here.

4. If I make a new recipe, everyone loves it and eats it all gone. If I double it the next time, no one eats it. They say, 'it tastes different.' So I don't double anything any more. Something about doubles does not work in my cooking.

5. I've added plants in my garden that I have found on the side of the road. They seem happy here, and I like having them. (Actually, I'm broke right now, and plants for free seemed a 'yippy-yay!' kind of a thing.)

6. Thought on food/mind/body connection. There are those who believe that even if you put the most healthy foods into a body with a crummy mind, your result will be a crummy body; but if you put crummy foods into a body with a good mind of expanded awareness, you get a fine body.

I just don't know about that. That would have to be one very, healthy mind expanded in the most holy of awareness.

7. I'm beginning to think that searching for happiness is not a useful journey. To search for something implies you can't see it, or don't have it. If happiness is not within, then it's without, how would you be able to keep it when you finally find it if it's not in you in the first place?

So then, it makes sense that happiness is within and you don't have to search for it, because you walk around with it everyday, you only need to let it out.
Smiles let it out. Laughter lets it out. Kindness lets it out.
Just BEING you, this moment, right now - smile and that is happiness.

8. I like to walk in the rain. It's just so refreshing. I like all kinds of rains. I bought my daughter some really, really cute rain boots and she put flowers in them! Silly girl.

9. Isn't it funny? We go forward in our lives as that is the proper way to live it. But it is the going backwards in our lives that helps us in the learning of how we are actually living it.

10. What will you focus on today. What kindness will you pass along? Will you smile today? Will you hug someone today? I'll try it today. I'll start out good, I always start out good. The morning holds the invitation delivered in warm and wonderful light. The afternoon carries the things unknown into the cavaran that takes you to the evening time. The choices are made in there. On the ride. Choose wisely.

No comments: