Thursday, June 21, 2007

And I have walked 10,000 miles

(not)

I got another Pedometer. I keep losing the ones I have -- before I can figure out really just how lazy I am. This one I have now, actually came with my husband's newest shoe inserts, so I don't know if it's a good one, but that already sounds like an excuse. Which, I guess, I'm probably trying to give myself because I didn't get very many steps measured on it today.

1798.

That's not a year. That's how many (almost) steps I took today.

That's not so great. That means, I am a sedentary person. The goal is 10,000 steps, which is about equivalent to 5 miles, if you can believe this site.

I don't know who decides these things, but I don't think 10,000 steps could hurt anyone, and of course, within reason, one must have a goal to gauge by to accomplish anything.

The Challenge is On! I'm going to try to increase my steps. Of course, it would probably help if I did wear it all the time. The pedometer, that is. I forgot in the morning that I had intended to wear it today, and took it off before the evening was done, but I doubt seriously if I've done anything record breaking in the amount of time that is unaccounted for.

Anyway, I'm going to challenge myself. Do the marching in place, or who knows, maybe join a marching band because I really don't want to be known as Sedentary.

You know, it's not like I never walked as an exercise before, but it seems that once something throws me off, I have a tough time getting back on track. So I kind of like this plan -- the first suggestion is just to ~walk out the door~. How clever.

So the challenge is on. I'm upping my steps.

I'm also trying to do the Bar Method DVD every other day. That is hard for me. I've not gotten through the whole thing yet!! And I've already misplaced Tape No One. Hope that wasn't a mental ploy on my part.

Anyway, I'm trying. My back injury seems okay. The other side hurts now, so that's a good sign.


Pedometer challenge, anyone?

No comments: