Thursday, November 22, 2012

Just tired of adding the numbers

Jobless.  Caught in the wave of unemployment that is rippling through the country right now praying and hoping, hoping, hoping, we will not have to spend the last dollars of our savings to get through this.  I've found a new part time job to replace the lovely one I had, but it's hard work with no guarantee of hours.  And to keep my other part-time job, I find I have to run from one to the other ... Most days it has worked out.  So I will consider that a blessing.

The new hard work is making my hands, my wrists, my knees, and my back sore and achy.  What will happen?  Will I be able to sustain it?  I refuse to answer 'no' - I can't answer 'no'.  Whether I keep doing this, or not keep doing this, I am doing something and I am generating income.

Then enters the reasoning of another - "If you keep doing that job, then you are closing the door to another, better job for you."  Oh Brother.  I can't say that is wrong.  I can't say that is right.  I only know, when I add the numbers, this amount of money puts something in towards my bills for the month.

Thoughts are things.  Thoughts are real.  Thoughts have power.  Does only our belief in that make it true?  I don't know for sure, but when I look back in my life, I didn't plan for this.  So, it leaves me to wonder if not planning for this, made this happen?  Because, honestly, I'm not sure I planned for anything. 

No comments: