It's Mother's Day. And I am tired. The day isn't over yet; I still have sushi to look forward to and I am happy about that part.
This morning I did a brunch. Only 10 people; did it mostly for my mom and Des' mom. The compliments for the breakfast were fast flowing, as the food was really good. And, I think, it's because I chose some good recipes and know how to cook. At least I have learned something from all these years of being alive. But, true to form, my mother didn't think I had made four casseroles (3 quiches and a potato dish), cooked ham and pancakes all by myself. When will she realize I'm not 14 anymore?
I just got back from a trip visiting my youngest niece who had her first baby. Her baby had to go to the *Knee-Que* -- I dunno, they just kept saying that, and when you get to be my age, it's like "whatever". I'm sure it is really an acronym for something because the world lives on acronyms now. TWLOAN. Like that, right? ;) But, the baby is doing well although there are somethings they have to keep abreast of, and I'm glad they do that these days.
While I was away, I had dinner and drinks - (who knew tequila shots would be $2.00!!) - with some very old good friends (or good old friends, both fit at this point) along with a few of their children, that I have known since they were so, so tiny, and we all still love each other and appreciated those 25 years we put into living on the same block. Little did we know that the kids thought we owned the block, sort of, because our properties covered this huge triangle and it gave them a very, very safe area to roam freely. And for kids, that's huge.
So I come home, I do a hundred thousand things, kill a lot of germs that have been growing, clean the refrigerator because it is now _totally_ empty. Perfect time, right? And basically take the world that has been tilted for those at home and bring it back to center.
I still haven't caught up on emails or messages and probably won't be able to, posted a song on my Facebook page with the F-word, and I'm sure I've done 14 hundred loads of laundry.
When I walked in my son's house upon my return, my granddaughter was in her highchair and not facing me and called out "Grandma!" I said, "How did you know it was me?" And she said, "I knowed it!" Is that not just the best? (28 months old and she just knowed it.)
It is nice to get away. It helps clear your mind from the day/to/day that can become a grind should we not be careful. Emotions can pile up and spill over and then we can have toxic waste. I needed this break. I do like to travel and wish I could do more. But I am beginning to be alright with not worrying about it because I am becoming more at one with whatever it is that people can become one with. And *that* - you either get, or you don't.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment