Monday, October 12, 2009

What comes next?

A 4 month old chubby baby boy named Alex Lange has been denied health care because he has been declared "too fat". The child was born at 8 1/4 pounds and is on a diet of only breast milk, according to the article.

They are calling it a pre-existing condition --

"Alex's pre-existing condition — "obesity" — makes him a financial risk. Health insurance reform measures are trying to do away with such denials that come from a process called "underwriting."

I am baffled. He's a baby. It's not like he needs to stop going to McDonald's or something.
I never thought I would live to see the day that Baby Fat was actually a preexisting condition.

3 comments:

A Joyful Chaos said...

How could you deny a 4 month old baby healthcare?

Just Here For Now said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Just Here For Now said...

I truly have no idea, other than money being at the root of it. I'm keeping my ears open to hear what the follow might be on this news story.

(I love the banner photo on your blog!)