"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
~~Doctor Suess
These are not my very first strawberries....they are the second batch of strawberries. I use the term batch in jest.
You see, I ate the first batch (3) and they were so good. This batch, all three of them, I shared with Mr. B. He said they were good. And he was quite surprised!
I had no idea how to grow strawberries. I bought two plants. One I planted in the ground. It did nothing. It didn't even really grow. This one, I put in a hanging pot. Strawberries are supposed to have full sun. This one did not. The other one, which produced nothing, did. So I have moved the other one to a hanging basket.
Another thing I didn't know, along with nothing else on the list of things not known, was how many plants to buy. I have since read that one needs 4 plants per person in the household to have one pint of strawberries per month.
Each of these plants costs me $2.98. I would say then, that four plants per person would be quite an investment at first. But depending on the yield, might be a good one. But I don't know for sure. I'm not really quick at figuring these things out.
Most likely, I would never figure this out. Here's how it would go:
I would have a bunch of strawberry plants on my front porch. There would never be any strawberries on them because we would all eat them every time we passed by them. We would have no idea how many we ate, nor would we have any idea how many were ever produced.
I could probably be happy with that.
No comments:
Post a Comment